I love the internet, I could most likely spend hours surfing the net, I am a self confessed news junky. Yes there are other sites out there the I visit and utilize but for the most part I surf the news sites, the movie sites (no not that kind of movie, they get me in trouble with my wife) I like keepin up with my friends and fellow wariors, I do research on PTSD and TBI. And I love to see what is going on in the world. So here is what I learned today about the world.
1. Rebbecca Romain is going to have twins.
2. Brittney Spears and her Ex have come to terms on their custody battle and she is going to pay him lots of money to take care of his kids.
3. Shai LaBeouf was intoxicated and wrecked his truck, but he vows he will be back on the set of Transformers II within a month.
4. Brett Favre is not going to retire, not going to go to training camp, wants to play football, and still cant spell his last name.
5. Gas prices suck, but not as much as last week.
6. President Bush sucks, but not as much as last week, ok so maybe more than last week.
7. We are still at war but now the debate is weather we are focusing on the important region of the world, or did we make a mistake and not take out Osama Bin Laden first (that's a no brainer)
8. Some actor or actress somewhere did something stupid, outrageous, charitable, funny, sad, pathetic or just plain f(*&ed up.
This is the news that is reported. We now have news programs on TV that are completely focused on "Celebrity" issues. Who cares, I am more intersted in making sure my family has food on the table, a roof over their heads, clean clothes and a stable environment than weather or not Paris Hilton is fucking some guy in a band or a Greek Shipping Tycoon
Get the idea here. I want to know what the presidential canadates are going to do for me and my family in regards to education, the economy and other domestic and forign issues that will really make a difference. Why do we focus on people that act, play sports, sing, or just make an ass out of themselves. Now don't get me wrong, I love the movies, am a huge sports fan, watch my share of TV, have had chrushes on famous ladies. but why do we place them so high on a pedistle when we have our own problems. There has been a huge chrunch in the housing market and thousands upon thousands of Americans have lost their homes. I is hard to live on wages that are middle class when everything around us seem to be increasing in price, but do I really have to have sympathy for the poor actor who is going to loose his 3,000,000$ home bucause after he made 45 million last year he didn't have enogh money to make his mortgage. Wow I am heart broken to hear that. Let's stop worrying about the Brittney's, Jen's, Justins and focus on the heartland of America, the men and women in uniform from police and fire to sailors and soldiers. Show appriciation to the teachers and coaches out there helping mold the minds of our youth. How many people out ther know that Randy Pausch, the professor who wrote and gave what is know as "the final lecture" (if you aren't familure make yourself so) passed away. Here was a man who was delt a shitty hand and rather than curl up and cry and feel sorry decided the best gift he could give his wife and kids, and the world, was to live his life and share it with everyone. In Spokane a couple of weeks ago a US Marine reservist ran into a burning building and saved a couple of young kids. He said he just did what he thought was right, not that he was a hero but just a guy in the right place at the right time. Semper Fi brother, thanks for showing what makes a real man. But instead of that piece of new we got to learn that Siena Miller had and affair with a married man and was romping around for all to see and then got upset when the trash papers printed it.
Here is my point, make it a habit of reading the news. not the crap they throw at you to get your attention but the news. it may take some looking on your part but it is out there, and some of it will make you feel like shit, but there is a lot of it that will make you proud and really give you something to strive for.
Shark Week on Discovery.... is it safe to go back in the water.
As Always, live the good life, love the world cause it is the only one we got, and go out and watch a kid eat an ice cream cone and not care about the world.
Till we meet again.